Your fabric – back laminated with an active, non-flammable fire barrier material.
FireBloc™ is a flame protection for fabric that is an environmentally friendly non- flammable fire barrier that is laminated to the back of your fabric. This unique Performance Process offers a laminated fire barrier, which meets and exceeds the upholstery standards set by federal, state and local safety fire regulations. Flame protection or fire retardants are often required by schools, universities, public buildings, convention halls, auditoriums, hotels and restaurants and our environmentally-friendly FireBloc™ is perfect for these applications. Fabrics treated with fire blocker should pass California Technical Bulletin 133. Our fire blockers are both PBDE (polybrominated diphenyl ether) free and halogen free.
- Engineered to impede or stop the process of a fire from penetrating into the foam or padding of furniture. [Urethane upholstery foam is known as the largest fuel contributor to interior fires]
- A light-weight FireBloc™ material laminated to the fabric back can help it to meet the California Technical Bulletin 133 (Cal TB 133), the highest fire protection standard for upholstered furniture.
- Fabrics laminated with FireBloc™ become a single substrate. Furniture manufactured utilizing laminated FireBloc™ outperform furniture manufactured using the double upholstery method because they have:
- A single source of friction
- No air pockets
- Adds strength and thickness for enhanced durability.
- Most fabrics can be processed.
- Environmentally friendly process [Eliminates the need to use FR urethane foam, which has been reported to contain environmentally unfriendly chemicals and additives.]
Guidelines for Use/Processing
- Always use fire-retardant thread when upholstering with FireBloc™ treated materials.
- Processing time is approximately 7 – 10 days from in-work date to packing date.